Opening the Newly Renovated AGBU Papazian Library was made possible by a generous grant from the American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA) program of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
|Interactive study room||Renovated Entrance to the AGBU Papazian Library|
- AUA holds the “Celebration of Education,” a week-long series of events celebrating its 20th anniversary; including an art exhibit, a concert, and a conference on Frontiers of Higher Education.
- AUA receives preliminary approval from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges for its reaccreditation Capacity Preparatory Review and for starting undergraduate programs in Computational Sciences, Business, and English & Communications for the Fall of 2013.
- The University establishes agreements with the Ministries of Defense, Justice, and Economy on cooperation and student internships.
- AUA holds a press conference on launching the first American-accredited undergraduate program.
- The university offers new multidisciplinary dual MPH/MBA.
- US Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) visits the university.
- Through a USAID-ASHA grant, major renovations are made to enlarge the AGBU Papazian Library and modernize the cafeteria.
- The EIFL (“Electronic Information for Libraries”) international conference takes place at the University.
- Department of English program hosts first Graduate Student Research Conference.
- The university introduces health insurance for staff.
- AUA hosts AGBU Annual Convention.
- AUA initiates programs supporting Syrian-Armenian students’ studies in Degree programs and AUA Extension.
- The Law Department holds an international conference on Crossroads of Psychology and Law and a seminar series on Rethinking Values, Norms, and Institutions in Armenia.
- The AUA Extension launches its first “Summer School for Teens.”
- AUA inaugurates the “E-Bulletin” to inform the public about its activities and accomplishments.
US Senator Richard Durbin visiting AUA (center)
|Dual MPH/MBA Degree introduced at AUA||Launching the Master’s in Economics Program|
At the EIFL Conference
|Hosting the AGBU Annual Convention||Hosting the AGBU Annual Convention|
Introducing Health Insurance for faculty and staff