President Armenian, President Emeritus Agbabian and Prof. Der Kiureghian receive the Movses Khorenatsi medal from RA President Kocharian
- AUA celebrates a “Decade of Achievement” in education and research. During AUA’s 10th Anniversary Celebration, Armenia’s President Robert Kocharian bestows the Movses Khorenatsi Medal on AUA founders Dr. Mihran Agbabian and Dr. Armen Der Kiureghian, and to President of AUA, Dr. Haroutune Armenian, for their exceptional achievements in education.
- Louise Manoogian Simone is awarded the Mesrop Mashtots Medal for her assistance to Armenia’s development.
- Construction of the first phase of the AUA Center is completed.
- The College of Health Sciences is accepted as a member of the Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region and undergoes accreditation review by the Association.
- The Digital Library Project is awarded the RA President’s Prize for “The Best IT Project Accomplished in Armenia in the Last Five Years.”
President Kocharian awards the “Best IT Project to the Digital Library Team”
Celebrating a “Decade of Achievement”
The completed AUA Center on Alex Manoogian Street
Dr. Agbabian’s book of recollections is published