Students working on a team project
- AUA establishes the Certificate Program in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to prepare English school teachers.
- The Environmental Conservation and Research Center opens to provide courses to AUA students and to conduct research.
- The Engineering Research Center is established to conduct research in the area of Industrial Engineering as well as Renewable Energy.
- The Center for Business Research and Development is established to provide research and consulting services to private and non-profit sectors.
- AUA starts the Extension Program, offering short courses for working professionals and the general public.
- The Student Council is established to promote the general interest and welfare of the student body, to enhance student communication and leadership skills, and to promote academic freedom, responsibility, and excellence.
Engineering Research Center has its own designated laboratories, including an earthquake shake table and a computer-controlled manufacturing facility
AUA Computer Labs
CBRD prints and translates books on business