Dr. Armen Der Kiureghian is the new president of AUA
- The position of AUA President is accepted by Dr. Armen Der Kiureghian.
- The Master of Laws program is launching a bilingual, practice-oriented, and peer-reviewed law periodical with the aim of promoting legal discourse and contributing to the development of legal thought and the legal system of Armenia. Each material submitted for the periodical will be reviewed by specialists in that area and published only upon positive opinion.
- The AUA School of Public Health (AUA SPH) receives the only seed grant awarded in Europe from Grand Challenges Canada, funded by the Government of Canada, to implement its project titled, “Innovative Approach in TB Care in Armenia,” in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health’s National Tuberculosis Control Program.
- The AUA Extension implements English language training for the RA Police department, with funding from the U.S. Department of State, INL. The AUA Extension also opens new classroom facilities in Dilijan and Gyumri.
- The AUA Extension offers a leadership class for Stepanakert youth participating in the summer camp organized by the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) Ministry of Culture and Youth Affairs.
- AUA Extension launches a new program with the Republic of Armenia’s Ministry of Defense with funding from AGBU.
- The AUA College of Science & Engineering (AUA CSE) hosts the 22nd Annual International Conference on the Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics with participants from 17 different countries.
- AUA’s Cryptography and Systems Security Laboratory conducts research projects with the Samsung Ukraine R&D Center.
- AUA participated in four European Union-funded grants in the fields of remote engineering education, quality assurance, governance, and human resource management.
- AUA launches the Center for Responsible Mining (AUA CRM), the first such center in the country and the region.
AUA President Bruce Boghosian (right), Nagorno-Karabakh (NKR) Parliament Speaker Ashot Ghulyan (center), and AGBU Central Board Member Vasken Yacoubian (left) officially open the temporary location for the AGBU NKR Campus and the AUA Extension in Nagrono-Karabakh