Dedication of the AUA Paramaz Avedisian Building
Opening of the PAB building with a few AUA Building Committee and Building Design Team Members (from left to right) Garo Missirian, project manager, Ronald Altoon Faia, Altoon + Porter Architects, Edward Avedisian, chairman and AUA Board of Trustee member, Mitchell Lawrence AIA, Altoon + Porter Architects, and Faraj Yeritsyan, construction manager.
- The Paramaz Avedisian Building opens with a grand ceremony. The PAB is a fully-equipped state-of-the-art educational facility that offers a superior learning environment, exceptional not only for Armenia but for the entire region.
- The Center for Health Services Research and Development starts a three-year collaborative project titled, “Epidemiology and Intervention Research for Tobacco Control in Armenia” with the Johns Hopkins Institute for Global Tobacco Control.
- The AUA Extension Program expands to Gyumri and Stepanakert.
- Through a generous donation by the Turpanjian Family Foundation, the AUA Digital Library of Armenian Classics completes digitization of 60 major authors of Western Armenian literature from 1850-2000.
- AUA hosts a faculty-led study abroad group from the University of Redlands in California.
|Missirian, Ronald Altoon, Edward Avedisian, Mitch Lawrence, and Faraj Yeritsyan.|
Members of construction management team during the opening of the PAB, (from left to right) Garo
The AUA Digital Libraray completes digitization of 60 major authors of Western Armenian literature