President H. Armenian (second to left) makes an official statement about AUA accreditation with Former Rector of the State Engineering University of Armenia Dr. Yuri Sargsyan (left), Republic of Armenia Minister of Education and Science Mr. Levon Mkrtchyan (second to right), AGBU Armenian Representation Director Mr. Ashot Ghazaryan (right)
- AUA achieves U.S. accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, one of the seven regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Board of Trustees of the American University of Armenia Corporation appoints Dr. Lucig H. Danielian as AUA Provost and Vice President.
- The Turpanjian Rural Development Program opens three field offices in the Shirak and Tavush regions, and in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Dr. Karen Aghababyan receives the United Kingdom’s prestigious Whitley Fund for Nature Award for research combining environmental conservation research with education.
- The Legal Research Center organizes a number of legal symposia for the public and provides curriculum support for Armenia’s new Judicial School. The AUA Barsam Suites begin operations.