AUA Club opens
- The University hosts a second accreditation team from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and successfully completes the first of two final reviews.
- The Turpanjian Family Foundation provides support for the first Armenian Big Brother and Big Sister program, providing mentoring for undergraduates.
- The College of Health Sciences hosts the XXVII conference of the Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region with delegates from over 50 countries and 5 continents.
- The College of Health Sciences, with support from the Open Society Institute, graduates its first international students: three from Moldova and one from Mongolia. The US Department of Energy awards a grant for proliferation prevention to scientists at AUA, the Yerevan Physics Institute, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado, and an optico-physics Institute in Moscow. Through the generosity of AUA Trustee Mr. Vartkes Barsam, AUA acquires the HyeBusiness Suites Hotel, located in central Yerevan, to help meet the University’s student and faculty housing needs.
- The AUA Digital Library provides the content of the most comprehensive 5-volume publication of Armenian Classical Literature from the 5th to the 7th centuries A.D.
- AUA becomes a Certified Test Administration Site for the Educational Testing Service, the organization responsible for tests such as the SAT, GRE, and GMAT.
The XXVII Annual ASPHER Conference is hosted by the College of Health Sciences
The newly elected Alumni Association Board
Trustee member Vartkes Barsam and his wife Hasmig donate the HyBusiness Suites Hotel to AUA
AUA is a Certified Test Administration Site for Educational Testing Service