AUA founding documents
Signing of the affiliation agreement with University of California
- The American University of Armenia is founded through the partnership and support of the Armenian General Benevolent Union, the University of California, and the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
- Throughout AUA’s existence, the University has continued to receive generous contributions from AGBU for its academic success and excellence.
- AUA is launched as Armenia’s first institution of Western-style higher education with a commitment to teaching, research, and community service.
- The University opens its doors on Armenian Independence Day, September 21, with 101 students enrolled in the Intensive English Program.
- Within months, these students move into their respective graduate degree programs in Business and Management, Earthquake Engineering, and Industrial Engineering.
- Dr. Armen Der Kiureghian and Dr. Stepan Karamardian assume positions of Deans of the College of Engineering and the College of Business and Management, respectively.
Signing of the Agreement for the English Language Program with University of California